Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter funk

Ahhh! I'm so over this weather! I think January is definitely the worst month of the year. It's cold, multiple snow days, nothing exciting going on. Blah!

A lot of our focus and attention lately has been on deciding which school Sissy will be attending next year for kindergarten. We are technically part of Wichita Public Schools and our designated school Gammon is not an appealing destination for my child starting out school. Luckily, Wichita does have a magnet school system that we have looked into in great detail and it does include a few good schools. When we bought our house 3 years ago Sissy seemed so young and we thought we'd for sure have time to move into a better school district. Well, that 3 years flew by fast! The market is not how I want it right now for selling a house and we aren't really sure if we are going to be staying in Wichita long enough to make a move financially smart.

It is kind of a defeating feeling moving Sissy from a wonderful school (and expensive) to another where she will not enjoy the kind of opportunities she is provided now, even as a preschooler. A couple of the magnet schools I toured- ugh. However, we have to make a move and I have done enough research and tours now to feel like she will be in a place we are comfortable with. We've got two very strong options for this fall and will know in April for sure where she is going!

Other than that, we are business as usual. Pat and I are heading back to Manhattan on Saturday for a quick weekend away which will be nice. The kids are splitting up and having their first weekend away from home- my sister is keeping Big Boy and Gma K is keeping Sissy and taking her to a birthday party. They won't miss us a bit!

Snow day today. As Sissy said yesterday, "everyday I wake up and say, 'what the heck God, why is there no sun?' " I complain like crazy the night before because I hate when school is canceled on days they both have school; I love my free days! But we ended up having a great day. I have done 10 loads of laundry and cleaned out 2 closets. We're having a great dinner. It's a good day!

Sissy played "Rapunzel, caught in a rainstorm, playing in the snow".
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment