Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spring before the storm

Calgon, take me away, back to last week when we had 3 glorious days of weather. When we were able to use some new Christmas presents and play outside for the first time in months. 3 wonderful days with weather topping out in the 60s, glorious. Uncle Micah came one day and helped the kids use their new Christmas gifts.
Photobucket
Sissy is the cautious driver. Will not push the gas pedal down all the way. Likes to have something (in this case Beary) driving with her for comfort. She even wears the SEATBELT!
Photobucket
Big Boy, not surprisingly, drives like he is training for a Nascar race. His tractor does not go fast enough! He cranks the steering wheel like crazy trying to be a maniac. He makes race car noises and pretends to rev his engine. He pretends that it is a rocketship. He will not stop and I end up chasing him down the street screaming at him to come back. He would drive to Dillons and pick up milk if I let him.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Saturday was the KU/KSU game. Despite being a KSU graduate, I love me some KU basketball so I donned my blue KU shirt. I dressed my kids in their KSU garb to even it out.
Photobucket

Photobucket
It was an even better day to be outside on Saturday. The kids were more confident in their new driving abilities and had a great time.
Photobucket
The before picture:
Photobucket
The after picture: (as she is about to be the victim of Daddy throwing snowballs with the leftover snow from the side of the house) Actually, it is not so much an "after" picture as a "preparing-to-be-hit-by-a-snowball" pic. The after actually wasn't very exciting. Daddy missed.
Photobucket

1 comment: