Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Playing with fire

We had a big weekend! On Friday night I enjoyed (as always) a relaxing MNO. On Saturday morning Pat had a project to do- Sissy went to a friend's house for the day and I took Big Boy to his first actual football game! He really enjoyed it, so much so that we are heading to the Andover football game on Friday night to see our friend who is up for homecoming!

That night Pat's mom came over and they began the Great Summer Campout 2010. The kids had a blast, it was such a fun experience for them. They built the tent (in just slightly over 2 hours) and we began our dinner. (hot dogs, beans, and chips, of course)

Sissy got to bring home her class pet "Chocolate" this weekend so it was extra-special and required at least 100 pictures so we could make an appropriate collage for school.
Photobucket
Playing with fire a.k.a. roasting marshmallows
Photobucket
When I see this flaming hot fire I tense up inside- look how close my future little pyro is!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Each child consumed 1 marshmallow each. Each child roasted about 12 marshmallows each! ; )
Photobucket

Photobucket

I went out to tuck them in for bed. If you think I was going to sleep out there then you are crazy. Okay, I would if I had to. But I was perfectly content letting Pat and Gma take my place.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Making animal shadows)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids did wonderful! They were all asleep by 9 and they slept all through the night until almost 8 the next morning.


This weekend also changed our financial situation- me having to rework my budget each week to work in my new obsession...Orange Leaf. We hit up the new yogurt place (which happens to be very close to my house) on our MNO Friday and I was hooked. Cut to Saturday- we were so hot after the football game we had to have it! It was a necessity. Well, Sissy was not with us that day so I thought it very unfair she had to miss out. So Sunday we hit it again. Did I mention frozen yogurt is one of my top 5 fave things? Love it. Looooove it.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! They'll never forget their campout...or yummy frozen yogurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom slept in a tent? Kudos to Grandma for that one, wow! I can't believe the kids only ate one marshmallow, Ethan doesn't give a hoot about roasting them, just eating them. And seriously, Sissy is such a little future model...I'm so jealous of her hair! :) Love the Thomas PJ's too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat's mom slept in the tent. My mom gladly handed her "Gma of the Year" for that one! And I gave hubby "Daddy of the Year" for sleeping with both of them on a comforter on the hard ground outside when Gma came in to get some actual sleep on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam sets the tent up inside.....and then sleeps on the hard floor. The kids love camp outs! Looks like they had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete