Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cousins, flies, wedding, and fair

Celebrations continued through the weekend! We hung out at Grandma's and the cousins got to play together. They loved every second of it!
Trying on Uncle B's hats...
Photobucket
Yummy food...
Photobucket

We learned an interesting fact from my cousin Caleb this weekend. Caleb is well-versed in all that is disgusting and scientific, and he showed us an awesome trick. First, he drown a fly in water. He laid it out on the table for awhile to show us it would not move at all. Then he poured table salt all over it and let it sit a couple of minutes. And like magic that fly climbed right out of that salt pile! Who knew?
Photobucket

Photobucket


Saturday we went to my cousin's wedding. Her fiance/husband is Mennonite so we opted to leave Big Boy home knowing full well he could not sit through the ceremony! (Pat barely made it. Sissy did fine- she drew with Aunt Ashlee)
Photobucket
Headed to the lovely reception and had some good food.
Photobucket
Sis and Ashlee
Photobucket


And as if the last week of insanity wasn't enough- we decided to go to the fair with Pat's parents on Sunday! We were so glad we did, we all had a blast.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(yeah, yeah, I know- it's a monkey's behind)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The kids had a super fabulous time. I have to admit, we'd never taken them. Usually it falls right after we get back from vacation and to be honest- those animals and all that hay make my allergies go crazy! The kids had a great time with Gma and Gpa, though, and we all vowed to come back every year from now on.

And now we return to normalcy. Do you ever have a week or two in your life where you are so busy you have to go day-to-day just trying to keep up? My house is a disaster. Since we had so many people over I had to HIDE all of our CRAP and now I'm not sure I'll be able to find it!

The kids did have a dentist appt today- beautiful, shiny teeth with no cavities!! After hearing about baby root canals from some friends this summer we went cold turkey from fruit snacks and gummy candy. I never thought I/the kids could live without fruit snacks but I am glad we did it. Their teeth are healthy and clean! The kids came home with a massive amount of loot from the dentist as always- balls, prizes, toothbrushes, certificates. They were both very proud of themselves!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Glad Pat made it though the ceremony. You probably cheated and packed a bag of toys for him.

    Glad you had fun at the fair! I don't think we'll make it this year. We have been runny around like crazy and decided to not run around any more than we have to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I feel like my life is a catch up day most of the time!!

    I ♥ the shirt you wore to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit it Sarah- I did catch him texting a few times. I was like, "seriously??" I gave him all the necessary dirty looks, though, that you give a child and he stopped. :)

    Thanks Heather, it's actually a dress I got at Penny's several months ago. My sister and I were by far the most dressed up people there. Since it was Mennonite, 98% of the women were wearing the same dress. We stood out a little!

    ReplyDelete