Friday, September 10, 2010

My love, my light, my baby

A very happy birthday to my baby love, Big Boy, who is 3 years old today!
Photobucket

I feel like I say this every year, and here it goes again- Big Boy is all I ever wanted in a boy and I am lucky to have him. He is wild, he is ornery, and he is loving and sweet. He makes every day interesting and fun. He always has a contagious smile for everyone. He loves his Sissy. And he is irresistible to his mommy.

When you ask him something he puts his finger to his chin and goes "hmmmmm".

When you put him to bed and start to walk out he says "cuddle me".

When he has a bad dream he crawls into bed with us and says "I wanna sleep in yours bed momma".

When he gets around other kids at the table he likes to say "poop" to get a big laugh.

When you ask him how old he is now you never know what he'll say- either "two", "free", or "four".

When you ask him to bring him what he wants at Sonic he will say "dot dog and sluzzie" (hot dog and slushie)

When you pick him up from school or Kid Zone he will always say "I nice my friends today!"

When you ask him where his underwear are he will always say "here's my big girl pants". (I guess he just got so used to us calling Sissy's that)

When you go to take a picture of him he will cross his eyes or stick out his tongue 7 times out of 10.
When you hear the water running in the bathroom he is rarely washing his hands- rather, putting water in his hair and combing it.
When you take him to the park he is known to pull down his pants at the bottom of the slide, flash everyone, and declare that he has to potty.
When you drop him off at the y or preschool he always has 3 hugs and a kiss on the leg for you.
When he wakes up from nap he always needs some cuddles before wanting to play.

He is my baby, he is my sunshine, and he makes me smile every day.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BOY!!! And congrats, Mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Happy Birthday T!!! He cracks me up...kisses on your leg? :) POOP! What a funny guy, you'll have some great memories of this little 3 year old when you look back on this post years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious post, Alyssa! Happy birthday, Big Boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) bday to the big guy! What a fun post to read. He is SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the birthday treats yesterday at the park, and I guess I didn't take my opportunity to actually wish Tate a Happy Birthday while we were there!!! Although, he may have made a face since it sounded like he was 'birthday'd' out at this point. ;) Hope your weekend of family and wedding went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday T! Seems like just yesterday you were complaining he was never going to get here. Three years have gone by fast.

    ReplyDelete