Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School has begun

First of all, vacation stories and updates are on the way. I have hundreds of pics to sort through and I'll hopefully get to post about it this week. We had a GREAT time!!

Today was Sissy's official first full day of school. What a difference a year makes! Last year she cried when I dropped her off and I think she was pretty much mute for the first couple months of school. This year she is READY TO GO! She has a new teacher, a new classroom, and she is going 3 days a week instead of 2. Today she went in happily and when I picked her up she was so excited about new friends and art projects. She told me "Mommy, you are my best momma- but I love school!" It is amazing the transformation they go to from one year to the next.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Visiting Gma's class on the way to hers:

Photobucket


First day of school last year!

Photobucket

School orientation this year:
Photobucket

School orientation last year!
Photobucket


With school beginning I get to start a newer chapter in my life- and it is called freedom!! This past summer I took a personal assistant job with a local real estate investor in lieu of providing daycare during the school year. (which we all know did not work out very well for me!)

So today I dropped Sis off and headed to my new second home- the Y! After watching some very inspiring friends commit to exercising I feel like now is the right time for me to do the same. And yes, I have begun this journey before- and not so successfully. We joined the Y a year ago and I started off fairly well, however, my son was a problem. Every time I went and put him in the kid's area I would get paged after about 15 minutes and go downstairs to find a hysterical baby. I abandoned the Y for awhile because working out at night did not bring out my best and I told myself that my kids were not ready to be dropped off.

HOWEVER, Big Boy did wonderful today in KidZone! So, our new fall schedule will be dropping off Lily and then heading to work out. I am aiming at 3-4 times a week and my goal is to lose about 15 pounds. I'm not sure how long it will take, I do like my desserts and margaritas, but I am going to give it my best shot. Now, I am not as brave as some of my friends and I will not be revealing my weight, but I will keep you posted!


5 comments:

  1. Yeah for school, yeah for the Y! That pic of Sissy in the yellow is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Heather, I love that picture of her in the yellow shirt! Sounds like she had a great time, too. Enjoy your "free" time at the Y. I am always afraid I'll be the mom who gets pulled out of aerobics class to tend to a screaming son too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My how she's grown! Glad she's enjoying school. (for both your sakes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Heather too....I absolutely love the pic of L in yellow! She looks so grown up from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's getting so big! And you will NEVER see me posting my weight on my blog no matter how much I lose! Not because I'm ashamed of what I weigh now but most people know how much I lost so they'll know how much I weighed back then!

    ReplyDelete