Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm a big kid now

When I went to pick up the kids today I saw Big Boy's teachers trying to keep the kids together as they corralled them inside from recess. T runs ahead...his teacher pulls him back in line...a few steps later he runs ahead to open the door...his other teacher brings him back into the line...and so on.

I go to his class, "how was he today?" His lead teacher "Wow, he is a busy boy!" Hmmm. Well
folks, I have an elementary ed degree and have taught before and I know what that means. HE WAS A STINKER! We went in to hit the potty before we ran a couple errands and he told me that the teacher had to tell him no during snack time, who knows what he was doing. We ran into his other teacher in the bathroom and she said "he is nothing like his sister!" Um, yeah. But then she added "he's just too darn cute, though!" That's right T. Hook 'em with your charm and long eyelashes and maybe they'll forget the fact that YOU ARE A STINKER!

He's handsome, he's potty-trained, he can count to 14- and he's off to school!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

And yes, that is the end of my day-to-day school photo collages.

It felt so wonderful without kids today! I was so domestic- I came home and vacuumed, mopped the floors, cleaned the kitchen, started some chicken marinating, made a key lime pie, and shopped for some school clothes. Maybe the key to me being a better stay-at-home-mom is...not having my kids at home! :)

2 comments:

  1. A stinker?? No way! :) And yes, he is so darned handsome that there is no way he'll be on any teacher's bad side. We have the that same shirt from Gymboree, cute! You are absolutely right about being a better stay at home mom by not having your kids at home (I know you're only half way kidding) but a nice break like that really recharges your batteries, doesn't it? Both of my boys will be in KDO this fall and I'm totally looking forward to my very own 3.5 hours of ME time each week. Bliss. Selfish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come to my house and do all that for me? My friday afternoons are going to be ALL ME time! (as long as B naps like normal)

    Such cute pics of the kids!

    ReplyDelete