Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...

Sissy had her official first day of school today. I was not sad, there were no tears, but I did have to document it with about 50 pictures. Sissy was soooo excited, and I was excited for her. We really thought hard about it, whether or not to put her in 5 day Pre-K, but in the end I felt she needed it. Sissy is shy- and very painfully shy a lot of times. Not in my house, of course, but around anyone else. We are working hard right now on speaking when an adult speaks to you or asks you a question. She tends to bury her head when someone even glances her way.

Now as far as school goes, she is a teacher's dream. I was telling some friends the other day that Sissy's teacher paid her one of the highest compliments last year that I could ever hope to hear for my child- that she was nice to everyone, included everyone, and was a good friend. I really want to instill in Sissy the positives of being kind to everyone and accepting people as they are. I know I did not/do not always follow that philosophy and I want Sissy to be better. But Sissy is still very shy at school- even with Grandma teaching there and knowing almost everyone. She is quiet and reserved a lot of the time but then there are times when she just unleashes and shows her true personality. Thus the reason for the 5 day- I want to draw out more of her personality at school and prepare her for the inevitable full day of school next year.

5 day comes with great perks! Sissy's teachers are using some great reading readiness programs and a great handwriting program. She also has a fun special every day-
M-Spanish
T- Gymnastics (they travel to Wichita Gym on a bus for a gymnastics class!)
W- Music
Th- PE
Fri- Science

I am excited for Sissy to have a good year. She has a great class and some friends in it so I think she will really enjoy school!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't help but add a pic of Big Boy- he was so happy for Sis this morning and amazingly patient about having to wait for tomorrow to go!
Photobucket

But he'll miss her!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I hope she enjoys Pre-K!! Awesome compliments from her teacher, too. That's got to make you feel great, good job Mom!

    ReplyDelete