Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Winning the lottery...

...or, at least it feels like we did! Yesterday we got a very disturbing letter in the mail. Sissy did not get accepted into ANY Wichita magnet school we had applied for and was being put in a waiting pool. Now, I've heard about these waiting pools. Basically you wait until the first week of school and then try to throw your kid in somewhere. Not a fan. On this very same day my friend Christy was telling me she had gone and looked at Circle and they told her there was a waiting list for kindergarten. I lost my mind. I was so upset all night just certain that Sissy did not get in. Our only real option was to keep L at CCA for another year doing half-day kindergarten. Now, don't get me wrong, CCA is the BEST!!! The academics and religion is above and beyond what I would want for my kids. But I have to accept reality. THEN... As soon as I dropped off at school this morning I promptly called Circle and talked to my contact in the district office. I told her I had to know for sure so I could start making plans. And she said that Sissy is IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we feel like we have the best of both worlds at Circle. The drop-off time is ideal (before Big Boy so I can have the full 3 hours he is in school to myself) and the school is exactly what I want. Oh, happy day!

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderfuly Alyssa! We're still trying to figure out what we're doing with Adelyn next year. Hoping they are going to accept her at St. Thomas, but if that doesn't happen then we have to look at what our other options our. So stressful, I KNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... you made me NERVOUS! So glad everything worked out at Circle. That will be great for you guys, I am sure! Glad, for once, I don't have to share in this same stress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief!!!!

    ReplyDelete