Monday, May 10, 2010

Sissy's Dance Recital

Sissy's highly anticipated dance recital finally came around last Saturday. Sissy (and Mommy) were both extremely excited. It was Sissy's day on the stage and Pat and I (as well as several other adoring fans) couldn't wait to see her.

The morning began early- dress rehearsal at 9a.m. Lily and her friend Madison were great sports as they watched numerous other performances and practiced their own.
Photobucket

We had a very small break in between so Sis and I headed over to Gma K's to eat lunch and primp...and boy did we!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We headed back early because I wanted to be on time. Alright, alright. We headed back early so that Madison's mommy and I could be as close as possible to our princess ballerinas.

We took the girls to their dressing room to drop them off...
Photobucket

Took some pictures with our adorable friends...
Photobucket

and stalked the closed auditorium like crazy until we saw our opening. We dashed in and claimed the front row in the very middle, it made me feel very "stage parent" but I couldn't help it. I wanted Sissy to be able to see me when she danced.

The girls were beautiful and wonderful, and the dance was so cute. Here, poor Madison, is being covered up by Sissy who might have been a couple counts behind the rest of them.
Photobucket

One thing I worked and worked with Sis on was her curtsy for the finale. She kept falling over so we practiced hard. Rather than save it for the finale she chose to inject it into the dance instead. Worked for me!
Photobucket

My baby girl
Photobucket

Sissy spent the entire finale waving at us- right there in the front row!
Photobucket

Her adoring fans...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Afterwards we headed out to reward Sis with some ice cream!
Photobucket


It was very special to get to share her first dance recital the same weekend as Mother's Day. I couldn't ask for anything more than to relax with my babies and enjoy our weekend. The next day we invited family over for dinner and watched the video of Sissy's performance. Over and over and over... It was a fun weekend, I couldn't ask for more.
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. She looks like a beautiful princess!! What a great Mother's Day, glad you guys had so much fun. You will remember this day forever (hopefully Sissy does too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would never act like stage moms like that. Nope. Not us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That curtsy was the most precious thing ever!!! We watched our video OVER, and OVER again too (and I just about had this baby from laughing so hard!). Its so crazy how are little girls are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Renee said! The photo of her curtsy is priceless!

    ReplyDelete