Friday, April 16, 2010

Good times and not so good times

I have very little time to write today. Sissy has her Spring Program tonight and I have lots to do! But I thought I would share what's been going on in the last couple weeks-

Freaky hail storm- the kids thought it was awesome!

Photobucket

Headed to Emporia to visit Uncle Caca for his birthday, went to Carlos O'Kellys where he is a manager for dinner:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had taken L to Kohls that day with the promise that she could pick out any gift for Micah that she wanted. At first she was leaning towards basketball shorts, then a KU shirt (he would have killed me), and then she saw the graphic tees. She decided on a Scooby Doo shirt, then changed to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt, and finally insisted on this shirt that states: "Protect your nuts". Extremely inappropriate, I know, but she would not be swayed b/c "Micah loves squirrels and coconuts".
Photobucket

Fun night out with the girls on Saturday night, yay!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then this- the most miserable looking 4 year old ever. This first pic is of her just trying to smile! I RAN her to the doctor who thought it was allergies combined with some bacteria from the pollen in her eyes. She got antibiotics and allergy meds which helped until we went outside at a friends house a couple days later and then it came back. And unfortunately now she has to stay inside until all this yucky stuff in the air clears!
Photobucket

Photobucket

BEFORE:
Photobucket


AFTER:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't write much about this b/c the state of my yard depresses me too much! The hole is filled now but left behind is a four foot pile of dirt across the whole yard and a ripped up patio. My husband has a lot of work ahead of him...

7 comments:

  1. OMG. What did they say was wrong with L's eyes? Wow... those are swollen. My eyes are watering as we speak!

    What are you guys doing to the house? That looks like a crazy mess. Oh, man. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart broke for you when I saw L. That would be so hard seeing your baby like that. Sorry about the house mess but on the positive side now you can flush your toilet and do laundry!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor L! Hope it doesn't hurt too much! I would have FREAKED for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally about died laughing with just how tickled L was with the shirt she got Micah. It's just too precious that she is so innocent and has NO IDEA what it actually means. Hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little girl, I hope she gets some relief soon!! Sorry about the yard too, what a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor L! Hopefully she can come outside and play again soon!

    On a side note: Emerson reminds me now daily about T's mommy chasing him at the park.

    ReplyDelete