Friday, February 5, 2010

Hello there! (out of lack of a better title for my post)

Squeezing in a quick blog post before the insanity of the weekend begins! Not a whole lot new around here- the upcoming birthday of a certain three year old is the topic of pretty much every conversation around here. Next Friday will be her actual birthday and we'll have all of the family over (and have her "friend" party a few weeks later). My fun idea was a Barbie party with a Barbie cake like one of her friends had for her birthday. I thought she would adore it.
BUT...then we started talking at dinner the other night and she told me how bad she wanted a Care Bear party. CARE BEARS? Those bears that I was obsessed with over 20 years ago? Well, I am just psychotic enough to do the following:
Scour the Internet for all things Care Bear- party supplies and even a Care Bear candle of her favorite bear. Stalk every store in town before finding Care Bear gifts in the dollar spot at Target- socks, notebook, doodlepad, movie. Special order a Care Bear cake from Dairy Queen that was discontinued years ago and pray that the lady will make it look okay since I couldn't see it. Oh, Sissy, please look back and read this someday when you are older and know how much I wanted to make you happy on your special day!! :)

Moving on, 30 days ago yesterday I started my weight loss kick and I am down 16 pounds! So happy! My goal is another 10 this month, we'll see. I was really good for awhile about counting calories and eating smart, but that has pretty much ceased. It's okay, though, because 4 or 5 days of workouts seem to still produce some results. Maybe not as much, but I love my chips and dip too much!

Sis had Kansas Day at school last week. They were supposed to dress as a cowboy, indian, or prairie child. Guess which one she was???
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was so super cute!!!

I came to a scary realization this week as I was folding laundry and had the Grammys on as I folded. My kids know way too much "not kid" music. Sissy adores Beyonce and Lady Gaga. Her longtime favorite songs have been 'Poker Face' and 'All the Single Ladies' and to see the artists on TV was more than she could handle. She had so many questions. I was also shocked to hear her sing along as many of the songs were played in their categories- when Taylor Swift came on she started singing the song and said "I love her". So weird, I know. Here is Sis dancing to Beyonce's performance:
Photobucket

Snow day last Friday!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In boy news- Big Boy has a new injury. While he was in Kidzone at the Y he somehow did a faceplant into the floor- ouch. It is the second time he has had this exact injury so I'm sure he'll have a nasty scar. The doctor gave me a prescription for him and I think it has improved a little.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Getting some sympathy from Grandma:
Photobucket

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy... that looks painful! Alyssa, I swear I saw some Care Bear stuff in the baking aisle of Michael's this afternoon, FYI...

    Congrats on the 16!!! That fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo, I love the care bears too! Tender Heart was my fav! Poor little boy, how did he face plant? Ouch! You need to add some videos of your little ones, especially of them singing along to Poker Face, that would be cute. :)

    ReplyDelete