Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday cards and Christmas decorating

Is it weird that I am preparing to do these already? I can't help it. Like, literally cannot help it. I love Christmas. I love Christmas music. I love Christmas cards. And I am already browsing Shutterfly for which is the perfect card to pick this year.

I prefer my cards with lots of pictures, like this ONE. Or this ONE. I love including several pictures with room for the kids individually and then family ones as well. I get my cards out of the way early, too. I prefer for them to be out by December 1st and then I enjoy every day going to the mailbox and seeing what cards we have gotten.

My husband had to pursuade me to hold off on Christmas decorations for another couple weeks. But honestly, what is the difference? They are usually up by Thanksgiving in our house.

Today and tomorrow the kids and I are doing THIS. (The Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child) If you have a chance I really encourage you to look into this. I saw a video for this a couple months ago and it just spoke to me. I can see those kids' faces in my mind and I am so excited about providing a couple boxes for little ones to open! This year the kids are each packing a box for a child of their age group. It is very hard for them to imagine a place where kids are not just automatically provided cool toothbrushes! I really love this idea, I want to try to volunteer with them next year.

So I'll hold off on the decorating for another couple weeks but when the kids sing a round of Jingle Bells it does not bother me a bit, in fact, I think I encourage it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of holiday spirit at the Mclain household!! Awesome gift giving idea, I'm going to look into that

    ReplyDelete