Monday, November 15, 2010

Daddy's night

Nothing too significant to report last week, except for a wonderful thing called "Dad's Night" at preschool where fathers take the kids out for the evenings and mommas get some free time! The kids love, love, love this and have been looking forward to it for weeks. They each got to take Daddy to their classroom for special games and crafts and also to chapel to sing their favorite songs. I got some time to run around time and pick up Christmas gifts!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also attempted to take some pics for the Christmas card. Compiling pictures is not easy. Of all of the cards we send out, now half of the recipients are on facebook and see our kids' pictures regularly. The other half probably have no idea what the kids look like! So, I thought I would take a couple quick shots just for some new pictures to use.

Sissy was more than willing to oblige. Big Boy, however, has 2 looks-
a) I am a cheeseball
Photobucket

b)If I raise my eyebrows that is equivalent to me smiling.
Photobucket

And so goes about 80 pics taken on Saturday. Needless to say, Big Boy will have another photo session this week when I can think of something better to prompt a more natural facial expression. However, unless I sink to his level and start saying hilarious things like "poop" I'm not sure how this will work.

He was being very funny the other day- jumping off the couch and yelling "Jesus lives. Jesus dies. Jesus lives." I said, "T, what are you talking about?" He said he was talking like his teacher at school and he began to spout off a prayer "thank you Jesus for school. Thank you for momma. Thank you for Daddy." Lovely! And then "I want a robot and a Leapster and a spaceship and a fire truck..." A prayer and a Christmas list combined- either the saddest thing ever or the smartest!

1 comment:

  1. We call that the "eyebrow" smile around here. Let me know if you come up with a way to get T to smile, cause I'm gonna need some help! Daddy's day....looks like all 3 had fun!

    ReplyDelete