Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summertime...

Ahhh, there is nothing better about summer than the lack of a schedule. Although, despite not committing to anything, we are busier than ever this summer! We are getting lots of fun in, though. Everyday when I am laying out by the pool all I can think about is how grateful I am to be there with my kids enjoying our summer. I can feel fall approaching fast- preschool forms are coming, doctor's appts need to be made, the kids' feet are growing out of their shoes, and Big Boy is just a few short weeks away from being 3!

My kids are fighting worse than ever this summer and between that and the potty training I feel like I am losing my mind half the time. I keep saying how excited I am for school to start but when I really think about it I start to change my mind a little. With Sis in school everyday we will be getting up EARLY every morning. The kids will be exhausted from waking early and school so we'll pick up, have lunch, and nap. There will be much less variety in our schedule that's for sure!

So, fall or summer? Kids both in school at least 3 days a week, naps probably daily...hmmm, very tempting. Laying by the pool, skipping nap to eat snow cones and run errands, late summer nights and sleeping in the next day...it's a close race!

Some summer pics so far-

I love this picture b/c you can see Big Boy's Woody that he threw in the air as he was being thrown, too, by my brother:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sissy and Uncle Caca
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

New baseball gloves for a baseball game!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Harassing the mascot...
Photobucket

Sissy had two fun weeks of Vacation Bible School. Nothing better. She loved them both, went with her friends, and I had some FREE free time w/ Big Boy.
Photobucket
On the last day they performed all their songs- I was shocked when Sissy went up front to dance!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Some siblings joining in the singing as well :)
Photobucket
And more swimming because I have a little fish and a little mermaid this summer.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Let's see...
    Picture with flying Woody = AWESOME!
    Agree with sentiments about school starting.
    Aren't Puddle Jumpers the best.thing.EVER?
    Love Sis's dress... looks great on her... someone extra cool must have picked it out!
    Still sad we missed E's party... looked like so much fun!
    The blueness of that water makes me really want a raft, a margarita, and peace & quiet!
    Enjoy the rest of summer! Hope we see you guys sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of floaties are Big Boy wearing? We've been looking for something for Ethan to wear but no luck. I looooove all the pool pictures, looks like lots of fun. How does Uncle Caca pronounce his name....ca-ca? It's probably something like Mike, and the kiddos could only pronounce ca-ca? Poor guy, but cute. The name, not the guy. Well, the guy is cute too....oh Sherry, shut up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, I say things like that all the time about Sassy's "nice color"... probably not worthy of parent of the year, huh?

    Sherry, the floaties are called Puddle Jumpers, and they are AWESOME! Like, you must run out and buy one. We have 2 and they work so great. I thought Little A might be too small, but it works great for her. We received our first as a gift, and they had some at Target in Chicago... not sure about here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, those Puddle Jumpers are a lifesaver. I saw them this week both at Wal-Mart and Target so they are still out there. T is really adventurous/not scared of anything at the pool so I love it for when he runs and jumps in the deep end. A lot of kids wear them at the Y and at Toddler Time so their parents make sure they stay above water. Like I said, ours is 2 years old with almost daily use and is in great shape. They really keep them afloat.

    Another benefit- if they fall on the cement it tends to break their fall/protect their face. It works as kind of a bumper pad for falling.

    You are so funny! I sometimes forget people might not know it but my brother's name is actually Micah, and yes we pronounce it cah cah. When Sissy was a baby that is what she started calling him and we thought it was so funny b/c of it's alternate Spanish meaning. He's always been Uncle CaCa or Uncle Poop when we are joking with him! :)

    ReplyDelete