Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Colorado Vacation Part 3

We had a great adventure hiking/mountain climbing at the Garden of the Gods. It is a huge, free nature park known for it's trails and rock formations. my pictures won't even be close to doing it justice...
You can see Pikes Peak from any high rock
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back at the cabin- recreating pictures I have of my sister, brother, and I on the cabin roof where we loved to play:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also had to spend a couple hours just down the street at the creek. The kids had a blast.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ODE TO THE CABIN:
The week after we left the cabin construction started on our brand new one that will be going up just behind the current one, up the mountain a bit. The city would not let my family leave the old one up so it will be torn down in November. It was a very bittersweet trip knowing that this would be my last trip to this cabin.

The cabin was built in the 1920s and last fall my family (my dad and his siblings) decided that we would remodel or replace the current cabin. Because of it's age, the pipes and electric was going to be so costly to replace they decided to tear the current one down and build a brand new one on our property a little further up the mountain. My cousin and uncle (architect and engineer) have designed the new ones themselves and at the family reunion we saw the new plans and they are great. It will be better than staying in any hotel, it will be beautiful. The whole front will be windows so the view will be amazing and there will be more bedrooms, beds, baths, and two decks. Very exciting, but still very sad. I'll miss our cabin as is but will always remember it and the wonderful times I've had there...
Photobucket

Photobucket
The sign on the Sleepy Seven: (my grandparents)
Photobucket

Photobucket

My two babies sleeping in their room in the basement:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And that's it folks. I said a very tearful goodbye and we headed home. We can't wait to go back next year.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment