Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree...

This weekend we decorated the Christmas tree. We always make a night of it and it was so nice and relaxing. I started some yummy treats and we went out and looked at lights first. We drove through a local light display that the kids really enjoyed. The two of them are soooo into it this year, it makes it so much more fun! Big Boy replaced his fall phrase "punkin patch" for a new one- "blih blah blights". I don't know why, but that is just how he says it. Cracks us up every time.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


We all donned our Christmas pajamas for the evening:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



We had some delicious treats, aka total junk food, for dinner and began the decorating:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Overall it was a nice, relaxing weekend. Compared to what is upcoming it was nice to have some quiet time together! The kids have both been pretty sick on and off- Big Boy has had awful ear infections and they both have had fevers for most of the weekend. Sissy finally went back to school today but it really wore her out- she came home and napped! (yay for Momma)

Here are a couple pics of Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I don't have many- my camera seemed to stay in my purse and I just didn't have it together to get some more pics! Oh well, Christmas is coming- I'm sure I'll redeem myself.

The handsome Big Boy
Photobucket
Photobucket

Princess Sissy:
Photobucket
Photobucket

The kids with their great-grandma:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And out like lights when we got in the car!
Photobucket


And unfortunately as I type this all I can think about is how much there is to be doing. We have 3 birthday parties in 4 days next week mixed in among a cookie exchange I do with my friends (where I have to make 9 dozen cookies!!) that I happen to be hosting. If you are reading this and plan on attending- I apologize in advance for the state of my house!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE BIG BOY'S PJs!!!!! I need some of those for my monkeys! The family PJ photo would make a GREAT Christmas card. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Diane's comment, his PJ's totally made me chuckle out loud. Very cute! Looks like you all had a blast decorating your house with all those blih-blah blights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I gotta say, I saw those pjs and I just knew they were meant for T!! Miss both of you guys, I hope you and your families are both doing well and I will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete