Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kindergarten knocking at our door

It's official. I completed Sissy's kindergarten enrollment and she is now set to begin school at Circle Greenwich Elementary. As most people know, I am over the moon about the school and am so excited for her to start. However, it's going to be a huge adjustment for me...uh, her.

Mommy may tend to "do" a lot of stuff for Sissy. Fill her water, open her yogurt, peel her orange, etc... And we are now having to practice doing things a little more independently, namely lunchtime things. It sends chills down my back, the thought that my little girl might be sitting in a crowded lunchroom unable to open her yogurt container. Or that a Ziploc might be a little stuck.

Sissy seems to have no worries about being in kindergarten and going all day. Fortunately, or unfortunately probably at times, since we are out of district we don't have any bus options. So I will be taking her and picking her up every day. And not riding a bus means that she is picked up by me at 3:20 and we're home right after. I feel like she'll still get some relax time before dinner, homework, and telling me all about her day.

I am also in the process of getting my sub certificate so hopefully in the next few months I'll be substitute teaching at her school! But we'll see, I'm just starting the process now, but I'm hoping it all works out.

So, not wanting to find things gone when we need them, we headed out on a mommy/daughter date to buy school stuff this week and last.
Photobucket
Sissy got to pick her favorite place to eat- Chili's. Why, I'm not sure. Well, actually I do- chips, pizza, and broccoli- her faves.
Photobucket

As over-anxious as I am, we are pulling out the stops. I ordered her a new monogrammed beach towel for nap time and was going to order her this lunchbox she had picked out the following day with her name on it. Then we got to the store and she discovered all things Barbie and that plan was shot.
Photobucket


Here she is with her loot and her new Barbie lunchbox that she decided she wanted more than anything.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We also did some back-to-school clothes shopping and picked up some hot pink boots!
Photobucket


On another Sissy side note, she and I also went to the Relay for Life event at WSU's stadium with my mom and grandma, Sissy's great-grandma, a cancer survivor!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Sis and her great-grandma
Photobucket
With Uncle Micah and his girlfriend Chaz. Sissy made them climb the stadium steps with her numerous times and thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Photobucket


The whole event was a little disappointing. There were only a handful of booths there and really not that many people. But Sissy had a blast. She did a little line-dancing, she requested Taylor Swift's 'MEAN' from the dj and danced to it.
Photobucket
And learned the chicken dance with grandma.
Photobucket

It's hard to believe it's almost here, elementary ALL DAY school!

2 comments:

  1. So, since I almost started hyperventilating and crying all at the same time reading about YOUR experiences, it may be unnecessary to explain how I am feeling about it all. Gulp.

    ReplyDelete