Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to reality

Happy New Year!

This is the last day of our "break" and I am sad to see it go. The best part of the last couple weeks has definitely been Daddy's week off of work- add that to the holiday days off and he has had quite a break! The kids and I are going to have a big adjustment, we've gotten so used to having him around. I have enjoyed having another "go to" person around all day. The kids are starting to ask him for things instead of beginning every sentence with "Mommy, I want..." It's been great!
Photobucket
We haven't done anything too exciting, besides all of the holiday festivities, but we have enjoyed some normal, fun stuff like going to the movies and such. Our little angels have been sleeping in until 8:45 everyday so we have definitely been catching up on some sleep. We will all have a rude awakening at 6:45 tomorrow morning.
Photobucket

We also all made the trip to Topeka this week to see my best friends from college. Unfortunately I have spent a majority of our break feeling not wonderful due to a chest cold. However, I wouldn't have missed it for anything! Not everyone could be there because of travel and sicknesses, but we try to do it twice a year and were glad it worked out for a few of us at least!
Photobucket
Not everyone could be there all day, but here are some of the kids together. They had a great time playing!
Photobucket

That evening the girls headed to Casey's baby shower. Her good friends have been waiting a long time for this- and we all admitted it was so weird to see her pregnant! But she is looking wonderful and her and her hubby Phil (who actually introduced Pat and I to each other) are ready to welcome baby Zoey next month!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a fun girl's get-together!!! I LOOOOVE those, and it looks like you guys had lots of fun. Isn't it weird to see a picture of all your kiddos together? :) And I am totally jealous that your kids are sleeping til 8:45, oh my, what I wouldn't do!!!! :) Hopefully your family has a smooth transition back to reality tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete